This blog was originally about two girls who began to pilgrimage on the 20th of June of 2013, walking from Sigtuna, Sweden, with the goal to reach Santiago de Compostela in the northwestern part of Spain.
The journey stopped sometime in September of 2013, and will hopefully continue in the future.

Friday 19 July 2013

Now I don't know much about the sea


“...the sea's only gifts are harsh blows and, occasionally, the chance to feel strong. Now, I don't know much about the sea, but I do know that that's the way it is here. And I also know how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong but to feel strong, to measure yourself at least once, to find yourself at least once in the most ancient of human conditions, facing blind, deaf stone alone, with nothing to help you but your own hands and your own head...”

Sitting at the dock of a lake in Östergötland reminded me of this quote. Swimming in the same lake earlier today, facing the big waves, alone and together with two friends, also reminded me of it. And right now, at the moment, watching Loïs swimming out there, alone, makes me remember that we only have two more weeks together now. Four weeks have already passed. She is floating around,  letting go, and it looks like she is relaxing her muscles too. Putting all her trust in what she learned when she was young, how to swim and how to keep her head above the surface. Enjoyment at it's very highest. Water might be her element.  It seems like it makes her calm and as if she feels a great attraction to water.

This Camino is not a race. Not at all. We have been taking it very slow and we have always listened to what our bodies want to say. As well as our heart.  To me it felt very important to see friends of my family when walking through Östergötland. I have known them since I was born and I know that we will enjoy spending time together until the end. You just know. So we are now having one rest day at their summer's house, beautifully situated by a wild and windy lake. The sound of it clears and deafens the air.

We will continue tomorrow from Vadstena after a couple of days begin to walk on another.pilgrim's route called the way of Franciscus ( Framciskusleden). The feeling of being on a pilgrimage is very much increasing when walking this kind of ways.
In a few days I will see my parents too. It has been a while now. ...

Enjoy your evening everyone.  We will, hopefully watching the sun set over the horizon.

Love and Peace,

Lovisa

1 comment:

Tony K said...

Bra kämpat där ute! Detta tokiga äventyr är ett sant nöje att följa :) Fortsätt ta det i er takt, det är en prestation nog att bara gå så långt som ni redan nu gjort. Inte många som skulle göra det. Kram på dig Lovisa och hälsa Lois!

Post a Comment