This blog was originally about two girls who began to pilgrimage on the 20th of June of 2013, walking from Sigtuna, Sweden, with the goal to reach Santiago de Compostela in the northwestern part of Spain.
The journey stopped sometime in September of 2013, and will hopefully continue in the future.

Wednesday 17 July 2013

Never seen anything like it

Good evening :-)! Hope you are having a very good evening all of you.

I am at the moment Sitting by the window of the guesthouse we stay in tonight.  Vadstena is in bloom, vibrating as many people now are on their vacation, relaxed as they carry the happy feeling of summer inside of them. We long for it, all year. To walk barefoot in shorts or skirt. When watching nature's magical strength, survival and revival we feel alive and strong,  knowing that this is all a part of something great, a circle of life. This might be how and why we really begin to live more freely during summer. Beautiful colours give us a feeling of satisfaction everywhere we go. Leaving winter behind was not that hard after all. When thinking about it I would not even remember if last winter was very very cold or not,  freezing or if it was mild. Knowing that I don't remember, and also that I won't remember this coming winter next year, gives me a feeling of hope....

Something peculiar happend today when we walked on a calm dusty countryroad. It was early afternoon and nothing really bothered us. Then Loïs suddenly pointed at a sign she saw by the side of the road, we read it and it seemed like there was some kind of fight going on between two families living close to each other.  The words on the sign was quite harsh, so I will not write them down... we continued a bit further looking around us just to find two more signs, with harsh words and many many complains about something that had to do with property.

We started to feel Sorry for those people who had put up the signs.  As Loïs said, everytime they drive by to get home,  they will see those signs and stay angry and frustrated. They will never forget,  but instead get stuck in negative emotions.
And I also got stuck, but fortunately not in negative emotions . I could not get this thing out of my head. How can negative thinking like that surround such a beautiful landscape? So I followed my mind and decided to ask the next person I saw about how it all happend. A big yellow house with a family Sitting outside enjoying an afternoon coffe occurred, and this family happend to be the family in question,  who had recieved the complains.  We had a long talk in the sun, discussing the situation.  It was good to see how they managed to cope with it,  in a very mature and magnanimous (storsint) way, because I believe that it takes a lot!

I hope this makes sense to you all.  I don't want to write about the details in the case, so I hope you understand what I would like to say. Very tired at the moment too, my brain started to slow down hours ago. Time to say goodnight.

LOve and Peace,

Lovisa and Loïs

No comments:

Post a Comment