This blog was originally about two girls who began to pilgrimage on the 20th of June of 2013, walking from Sigtuna, Sweden, with the goal to reach Santiago de Compostela in the northwestern part of Spain.
The journey stopped sometime in September of 2013, and will hopefully continue in the future.

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Footprints in the sand

Tonight I'd like to share this text with you. When reading, I hope that you can, no matter what you believe or have faith in, take this text and relate to it in some way. In your own way. And then maybe also forget about the words and what you think of when you read them, because after all they are just words. What we use when to express something. The word Lord means something to someone,  while the world Love means something to someone else.  But can't Lord and Love be the same thing, depending on who is expressing them? Words are empty until we fill them with a feeling, thought or meaning.

A man called Roy, who has been so warm and open to us, shared this with us tonight. I hope you like it and that it creates a warm feeling inside of you, that will help you taking that leap that will get you on the ship that is sailing in the direction of your dreams. Sleep well.

''One night a person had a dream. The person dreamed
she was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from her life.
For each scene she noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to her, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of her life flashed before her,
She looked back at the footprints in the sand.
She noticed that many times along the path of
her life there was only one set of footprints.

She also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in her life.
This really bothered her and She questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My child, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

we are all united by Love.  I deeply believe in this.

Peace, Love and Eternal bliss,

Lovisa

No comments:

Post a Comment