This blog was originally about two girls who began to pilgrimage on the 20th of June of 2013, walking from Sigtuna, Sweden, with the goal to reach Santiago de Compostela in the northwestern part of Spain.
The journey stopped sometime in September of 2013, and will hopefully continue in the future.

Thursday 22 August 2013

Happy and peculiar moments


Hi everyone!


Today is my.... lets' s count....4th day of walking in Germany. So far it has been many ups and downs,  but recently more ups than downs, especially for the last two days. Tonight I am staying at the parish house of the church in Nahe, a small town around 40 km from Hamburg.
The walk today was almost solely in the woods and on smaller walking routes. Ofc the 'Jakobswege' or 'The way of Saint James' here in Germany is not as well marked as it is in France or Spain. You really have to look around and pay attention,  because otherwise you can easily get lost. I did, two times yesterday, seeing that my mind flew away for a while. It is funny though because it feels a bit like a secret walk/route that, narurally, not that many people here are aware of. Ha ha, I am sure they must laugh at me when I pass by, with a lost and confused look on my face...




I would like to share some special moments from the last days. So here we go...

When I see trash lying on the ground where I am walking, especially in woods and on the beautiful countryside,  I just can't leave it there. I have to pick it up and then throw it away when I find a bin. So I am most certainly a trash-collector! But yesterday when walking I was feeling very tired and I had a lack of inspiration. So to bend down with the backpack would not be as easy as it usually is, ha ha! And I thought that if I see any trash lying on the ground here, I am not sure I will pick it up. Even though I know it will take nature years and years to 'compost'. 1 sec after, I looked down and I saw a chocolate paper, and the.chocolate was called 'Pick up'.... I just could not help but smile!!




I have been feeling lonely for the last couple of weeks, even though I have shared some evenings together with the most beautiful of people. But still this feeling is taking over sometimes and I lose the perspective. Walking alone for a long time, with your own thoughts and no one around to share them with,  is very demanding. I need to stay strong and keep the courage as well faith, at times when I feel like I can't. The last days I have been very much looking forward to meet someone who is also walking, but I have not yet.
But then, after flickering through the guestbook of the Parish house,  I turned one page and read that a finnish woman had stayed in the parish house 10 days ago, and apparently her plan too is to walk to Santiago de Compostela. I felt so happy when reading it so I will try to investigate this a little bit! I want to get in touch with her and see if we could walk together for a while,  maybe do the last part together!  Anyway, Mija, if you read this, but you probably won't,  you know that I would love to get in touch with you. I am ten days behind, but who knows what will happen!?

Now some reading and then I will try to get a good night's sleep!
Hope you have had a nice day! Take care and love eachother. And if you feel lonely, you won't for too long if you trust in life and let your open heart guide you.

LOVE and PEACE,

Lovisa





No comments:

Post a Comment