This blog was originally about two girls who began to pilgrimage on the 20th of June of 2013, walking from Sigtuna, Sweden, with the goal to reach Santiago de Compostela in the northwestern part of Spain.
The journey stopped sometime in September of 2013, and will hopefully continue in the future.

Saturday 24 August 2013

Hamburg-a city still in bloom

It is the end of August.  The official summer has almost come to an end. The autumn winds are whispering to the trees, promising that next year's summer will come. Finally it will.  But first they have to stay strong during the cold months of winter. They have to keep the faith and wait for the first birds to sing and welcome the spring.

The season will soon change.  So far I have, on this walk, only experienced walking during summer. Everything is more simple during summer. Clothing is not a problem. Soon I will have to re-think when it comes to what to wear when it gets colder. I follow nature's rythm,  in a way, and that feels so natural and satisfying. I am also from now onwards trying to eat as much seasonally as I possibly can. I am on a budget too ofc, but I am always trying.
Three days ago, a man that I met in a monestry where I stayed for one night, said something very promising.  We were, on guite a simple and humble level, discussing earth's future. Nothing more to add there, just this special thing he said, that sticks to my mind:
''The earth will never die. The earth will always survive. But human kind won't if we keep on moving in this direction.''

It could scare you, and I am sure it sometimes does, but I felt a kind of relief running through my body when hearing someone Saying this out loud. We all know it, but we pretend as if we don't.
It might sound like I am entirely ruled by negative emotions when talking about these problems we are now facing,  but I am not. If not now, then when? If not me, then who?  Solving a problem also gives us opportunities to change and a chance to be creative, right??

In Hamburg.  What a city! I never knew. It is very lively city with a lot of things going on. I will be here for a week now.  I have some things to do and I felt like I needed a little break. And my dear dear Loïs is coming on wednesday and we will spend four days together. I can't wait!!

Guten Nachten,

LOVE and PEACE

Lovisa

No comments:

Post a Comment