This blog was originally about two girls who began to pilgrimage on the 20th of June of 2013, walking from Sigtuna, Sweden, with the goal to reach Santiago de Compostela in the northwestern part of Spain.
The journey stopped sometime in September of 2013, and will hopefully continue in the future.

Sunday 11 August 2013

Pilgrim word no. 3

Spirituality.

What comes to your mind when you hear or say that word?
Do you feel scared? Do you think of crazy people you see on TV who talk with spirits? Do you feel calm and happy? Do you contemplate what the word means to you?

I believe there is no right or wrong answer to this question, because that is simply not what spiritiality is about - right or wrong. And I think that if we all could agree on this, we have come a long way on our spiritual walk.

I will share some quotes in the end that pretty much sums up my view of spirituality. I would just like to share some other thoughts first.
To me Spirituality is about knowing yourself and to recognize your emotions. Knowing yourself is after all to know why I, for example, feel disturbed when facing a specific situation or maybe a person. Or why I feel protected when I gaze upon a starry night sky. Because when we are aware of our emotional inner life,  we can also start to walk the spiritual path. And being aware of this is too deeply connected to spirituality. 

Spirituality is also about having a belief in something greater than oneself, that yet also is oneself (quote Charles Eisenstein). It is about to trust your heart and let it guide you, which is something I always feel in my stomach, and I think everyone does.  But heart sounds more beautiful than stomach does, ha ha, right?
I think that sometimes we just have to release ourselves from the crip that control has on us. Just listen to our heartbeats.

So how hard can it be then, to be spiritual and to let your heart guide you?   I believe it is an everyday struggle, that again also is what spirituality is about. Doubts and certainity.  Back and forth. And spinning around. And soon you feel dizzy.
We are constantly in move, walking the path of our life. We are all connected and we depend on eachother. So we can never be sure and we should never really settle down and feel satisfied about how far we have come in our spiritual thinking,  believing that we have compleatly adapted a spiritual mindset. No, we have to search and learn and experience,  throughout our lives.


'' I personally try to practice applied spirituality (despite failing miserably on a daily basis), where your spirituality is revealed through what you do every day, and how you meet your physical needs. I believe that the depth of your spirituality is revealed by the ways in which you attain and eat your food, create fire, hpw gently you walk in nature, how you interact with people that you have no personal need to get along with, your responses to tough decisions, how you treat strangers and those you claim to love, and the levels of courage you display weakness is the easier option. It is revealed by your respect for water, air and earth, tthe elements that make up your flesh and bones, and in the ways by which you share your gifts with the world. ''

- Mark Boyle, The moneyless man


I will share another quote tomorrow, as breakfast!!

The dome in Lund, where I arrived today, being welcomed in the most honoured and beautiful of ways. The bells were ringing.




Good night.
LOVE
and
PEACE

Lovisa

No comments:

Post a Comment