This blog was originally about two girls who began to pilgrimage on the 20th of June of 2013, walking from Sigtuna, Sweden, with the goal to reach Santiago de Compostela in the northwestern part of Spain.
The journey stopped sometime in September of 2013, and will hopefully continue in the future.

Friday 12 July 2013

Today's morning coffe was united with love.

What a day we have had! The most beautiful walking so far. From morning to evening.  Sun has been shining all day. It greeted us this morning when we opened our tired eyes and when started to move our (at least my) very very stiff legs and feet. I love waking up in the tent,  it is not as nice as waking up outside though,  where as you take your first conscious breath for the day, you breath in nature's transformation from night to morning. Foggy and moisterous. Then, as I never do in my everyday life, I let the sun help me to warm my muscles,  restoring me. Sitting in the sun at this early time is reviving.

We had only walked 1 km today when we saw a sign for a Bed and breakfast. ''Smedjans Bed and breakfast''. I was not slow to realize that this might be my only opportunity having a coffe this day, so I said to Loïs we needed to go there.  And she is always up for a hot chocolate, so there was no hesitation. 
After 200 m we walked straight into an oasis, on the countryside where all surroundings are either cultivated or pasturages (betesmarker)!! We saw smoke coming out of the chimney of a small house and we could hear someone was up, preparing breakfast for the guests staying there.  The warm and cozy feeling filled the air, even though the sun was already high.  For a moment I could recognize the feeling  inside of me that I usually have during winter, but my mind quickly turned back to reality realizing it was still summer, the season I, after all, prefer.

Kjell, the owner stepped out of the small house and said good morning to us, with a big smile on his face. Having a coffe by the swimming pool (!!!!) Was just his pleasure and suddenly it felt like we had time-travelled to the Mediterranean....
Good people. A good man. A good start. The best we could get. Kjell and his wife Maria are also helping people, young and old, to get back to life. To a happy life, beyond prison walls, trouble and frustration.  From what I understood, they do this by connecting to nature, doing gardening and such,  helping these people to get a slow start and hopefully a more steady ground to walk on. What can I say? This is the beauty of people and the gift, when these to components act together in the most magnificent of ways.  Bountiful people giving and sharing what they know about life.

Thank you Kjell and Maria for spreading love and energy.

''When you forgive, you love. And when you love,  God's light shines on you''

Good night. Sleep tight.

Love and Peace

Lovisa and Loïs

No comments:

Post a Comment